Monday, January 24, 2011

Wonderfully Exhausting



This picture pretty much sums up the week/weekend I just endured. Last week was a complete whirlwind, I had something to do every single day after work! There was not a single night that I got home before 7:00 pm. Needless to say, come Friday I was completely exhausted. However, did my day slow down....of course not! I left work and immediately drove 45 min to meet my mom so Luke could spend the weekend with his PaPa and Boopi! Then as soon as I got back to Norman I changed out of my work clothes and met my sweet friend Lori who flew in the night before from Florida. As soon as I walked into the restaurant and greeted her with a hug, she holds up her left hand........her fiancé just popped the question 1 hour prior to dinner!!! So excited and happy for them I forget the fact that I was exhausted. After an evening of dinner, drinks, and a little dancing I finally get home at 1:30 A.M!

Finally the weekend, time to relax right?!?!? Wrong....true to form I wake up at about 7:30 (which is sleeping in for me). After about an hour of tossing and turning in my bed trying to force myself to go back to sleep, I give in and just get out of bed. I went into the kitchen and made some breakfast, coffee, and watched a little television. I then precede to start a load of laundry and also decided to go for a workout. After my workout I came home, had lunch, and even contemplated taking a nice little Saturday afternoon nap......but then my phone rang. It was Lori inviting me for afternoon drinks with her, her fiancé and a couple other friends, of course I say yes! Now it's 2:30 and I arrive at the restaurant for drinks and to watch some college basketball. Then we all get to talking and decide to head to Bricktown to watch the Thunder game at another restaurant. Watching the Thunder game was a complete blast, had soooo much fun! We then move on to a bar in Bricktown and continue to have an awesome time with each other. But by 11:30 my tank was on empty! I had exerted every ounce of energy I had and was ready to call it a day! Right before I leave Lori pulls me to the side and says she has a question for me...."would you like to be a bridesmaid in my wedding?" OMG of course!!!! I was completely honored and delighted to hear this from her, not to mention the fact that 1 week prior to this I was also asked by my amazing cousin Bailey to be a bridesmaid in her wedding!!! I cannot explain how blessed and loved I feel to be a part of 2 very special individuals big wedding day :)

Just to give you some background on these 2 amazing women.......My cousin Bailey and I have been extremely close since we were very small (have so many hilarious stories together). So to be a bridesmaid in her wedding will be an extremely special moment to say the least! Lori is my sweet friend I met in graduate school. She and I have gotten very close over the past 2 1/2 years and I am again completely honored to be a part of her day as well!

Sunday I actually slept in till 9:00, that's huge for me! Then I went on a movie date with another great friend I met in grad school, Lyndsay who also recently got engaged! I know something must be in the water......expect the water that I'm drinking apparently ;). She is my saving grace during the work day (we email each other all day with funny stories, talking about food, wine, shopping, etc). After the movie I ran by the grocery store and then met my Dad to get Luke back. So even though I felt like I had been stretched to my limit this past week/weekend.....like every other moment in life, it was well worth it! But I did save the absolute BEST moment for last! Last night just as I was falling asleep, I hear Luke sneaking into my bed. I didn't say anything because I was just on the brink of falling asleep. Once he got nestled into my bed I felt him pull my arm over to him, then he hugged my arm and held my hand as he fell asleep (sigh, tear)......I'll tell you what, this made my heart absolutely melt! I almost got teary eyed just now thinking about it. He and I definitely butt heads a lot but it's moments like these, that are there to help remind us how much we mean to each other! He is my Wonderfully Exhausting little guy that I would not trade for the world! Here's to another work, Happy Monday!

Simply Sweet,
Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment