Friday, February 25, 2011

Just the Two of Us


So sorry I have been completely MIA the past month, with all the crazy weather, work/school being cancelled, and then crazy busy make up days at work.....my life has been a little off-kilter! Now that things are back to "normal" I vow to get back into the routine of making this blog into what I wanted it to be. But for this post I am just going to catch you all up on what has been going on this past month. I decided to dedicate this post to Luke and I b/c needless to say with all the crazy weather and Luke's Dad being busy with his work, we have been spending A LOT of time as "Just the Two of Us"

As all of you know, we endured a hefty amount of snow at the beginning of February! Luke was out of school and I out of work for multiple days......everyday I kept thinking I should write on my blog, but the motivation was just non-existent, I think the snow shut down my brain! I have to admit I was a little worried that Luke and I being snowed in together for multiple days might result in disaster, but it was actually really nice. We didn't butt heads at all, which was a little shocking to me. We spent most of our time hanging out on the sofa watching movies, playing board games, and playing in the snow occasionally.

This is what our back yard looked like! That is a table and sofa that I have on our back patio, the snow drift was pretty impressive. Unfortunately, because it was so bitterly cold outside we weren't able to play in it for very long. But it sure was pretty to look at! Once all the snow was finally melted and the temperatures became more manageable, life picked back up to normal and we were slowly getting back into the flow of school and work.

Then Valentines Day came around....I truly have mixed feelings about this holiday (regardless of if I am in a relationship or not). But I will tell you one thing that I do love about this holiday, and that is making sure that I let the little guy know how much I love him! There is nothing more satisfying than having an unconditional love for your child! Sure we have our moments and there are days when I just want a break, but there is just something about the way he makes me feel :)
I was able to steal a kiss from my Valentine that morning as he ate his breakfast. Normally he won't let me take pictures like this b/c he is too embarrassed, but he let me sneak one in on V-Day! Later that night I had a great evening as well. I decided to have over a couple of my girl friends to eat dinner and watch the Bachelor (guilty pleasure). So I made a creamy, vodka, tomato pasta (thank you Pioneer Woman) and my friends brought over garlic bread (which was Amazing), cupcakes (again Amazing), and wine (Amazing)!

This brings me to something I have noticed lately. I have become more open to inviting people into my life. I have had a complex, for such a long time, about being such a young mom and then adding a divorce on top of that! But now I feel like my heart is beginning to open back up and allow myself to be me! I don't know if it's because I live in a house now, or if I am just more comfortable in my own skin (probably a combo of both). It used to be a rare occasion that I would have ANYONE over to my house when I lived in Norman (except for Lindsey and my family of course). But now I find myself having friends over during the week, even when Luke is awake (which is something I've never really done before). I am very grateful for this feeling that has come to my attention lately because I believe I am FINALLY 100% comfortable in my own skin. Now for one last pic!


This is a pic that I snapped the other night after we got back from the gym. I was shocked as to how old he looks in this picture! Luke has been quite the trooper lately. It is incredibly hard for me (working full time and being a single mom) to actually get to the gym to workout, but I was determined to figure out some kind of routine. So Luke and I made a deal that we go to the gym on Mondays after school and then on Saturday mornings as well. Fortunately, Luke has a really good time at the gym. There are usually quite a few kids in the day care that are his age, and he seems to really get along with them. Luke even let me squeeze in an extra weekday workout on Wednesday night since we will be out of town this weekend (isn't he great)!

So starting next week I will dedicate more time to writing on my blog! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Simply Sweet,
Jennifer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment