Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Day on my Plate

Well the holidays are over, the decorations are down, and everyone is getting back to their "normal" lives. Every year when I take down my tree it does make me a little sad. I love Christmas decorations and for several weeks after taking them down, I feel like my house looks so bare! While I do love the holidays and seeing family and friends, it is also nice to get back into the swing of things. But I have to admit, the only time I really do appreciate cold weather, is during the holidays......so needless to say, by late January I am already starting to get the itch for spring! I often find myself believing that I can wish away winter (haha) I believe I can do this by protesting to wear a coat at times or starting to wear more spring-like colors! As a matter of fact, I have noticed that the past 2 days at work I left for lunch without my coat.....take that mother nature! While it might not be proven to be effective, it makes me feel like it's getting closer to spring.


Onto my next topic, I've noticed that since becoming a Dietitian, people often ask me what I eat....so, thinking about this gave me an idea for a blog topic. I plan on (at least once a week) posting a pic of everything I eat that day. That way others can see how I typically eat. Hopefully the more I do this the better pictures I will take, so bare with me until then :)

Breakfast: Everything Wheat Bagel Thin with whipped Cream Cheese and 1 cup of coffee with Peppermint Mocha creamer.



Lunch: Grilled chicken, baby carrots and tomatoes and diet coke from Sonic.
*as a side note, I want to apologize for this picture. I ate lunch in my car while running errands
and realized as I was sitting at sonic ordering my drink that I had not taken a picture of my food yet....sorry guys.


Dinner: 90% lean hamburger meat with Ragu Garden Vegetable pasta sauce and pasta noodles. Carrots and broccoli for my side of vegetables (these are frozen vegetables that you can heat up in the microwave...so fast, simple, and I love them (just be cautious of ones that are in a butter or cheese sauce, the more natural the better)









No comments:

Post a Comment