Sunday, January 16, 2011

Oh the Weekends!

I had a very good/much needed weekend, so I wanted to give it a special shout out! I've been very busy this past week, busy at work and busy at home! I was soooo ready for this weekend on Friday, I had a very hectic work week and going home was no easy task this past week either. This weekend got me thinking of how much I appreciate the weekends now. Don't get me wrong, in college I loved the weekends as well, but now working 40 hrs/wk makes the weekends that much more special :-)

I was able to do several of my favorite/simple things this weekend which included: reading, listening to music while cleaning, cooking new things, having dinner with friends, and watching movies on the sofa. I also joined a gym this weekend, and got in my first workout in the past 4 months! Today I prepared 2 meals I have never had before and both turned out great! So I thought I would share them with you .


Luke and I slept in a little this morning so I didn't really have much of a breakfast, 2 slices of toast with cinnamon and a cup of coffee. But then lunch rolled around and we hadn't gone to the store yet so I went scavenging throughout my fridge and cabinets. Luke opted for mac and cheese and chicken nuggets, while I decided to make eggs. While I was getting the eggs out I remembered I had a bag of fresh spinach and tomatoes....this got me to thinking of making scrambled eggs with spinach, tomatoes, and cheese. And it turned out delicious!



Later in the afternoon we made a trip to the grocery store to get things for the week. I have been wanting to make a few recipes I've found on Pioneer Woman website, so I picked out a couple I want to try this week and bought the items needed. The one I decided to go with tonight was the mini meatball sandwich! These were incredibly easy and incredibly yummy! Items needed: 1 lb hamburger meat (I use 97/3%), garlic salt, pepper, 1 jar of marinara sauce, provolone cheese, and dinner rolls. All you do is make meatballs (about the size of 1-2 tbsp, brown meat in saucepan. Then add marinara sauce and let simmer for 20 min. Cut open a dinner roll, add provolone cheese, meatballs with sauce, and Enjoy!



Simply Sweet,

Jennifer





No comments:

Post a Comment